Compare the Pentax K200D to the Sony DSLR A-300.
Compare the slightly more expensive Pentax K200D to the Sony DSLR-A300. Both of these DSLR cameras have the following :
- built-in anti-shake functions that work with any camera lens
- 10 Megapixel resolution
- 2.7 inch screens
The Sony DSLR A-300 has in its favor a very well reviewed Live View system. The Live View is a big advantage as it operates very quickly, has a vertically tilting monitor, and strong auto focus performance.
When comparing the Sony to the Pentax K200D, the Pentax has :
- a slightly more advanced 11-point Auto Focus system
- superior weatherproof build
- a bigger optical viewfinder
- an upper LCD information screen,
- a fully dedicated RAW button
- comes with support for Adobe’s open DNG format,
- four easy to find, and inexpensive AA batteries power it
While on the surface the Pentax does have more in its favor when compared to the Sony, it is also a more expensive digital SLR cameras. If you want an advanced Live View, many users will choose Sony A300’s as it has Live View with easy to use operation and a tilting monitor. But overall the Pentax is a more advanced DSLR camera with higher quality, yet also pricier.