Top Selling DSLR Cameras
The top selling DSLR camera models from 2008 from statistics provided by NPD Group. NPD Group is the leading global provider of retail and consumer market research information for a wide range of industries, including digital cameras.
These are strictly sales numbers from NPD, and this is not a ranking based upon any reviews. However, the top selling models may be a good indication of the best, most competitively priced cameras available on the market, and reflect what consumers are buying.
1. Canon EOS 450 D Rebel XSi 12.2MP SDHC/MMC 3" LCD Pictbridge w/18-55mm Lens
2. Nikon D40 6.1 MP w/18-55mm Lens SLR Kit
3. Nikon D60 10.2MP SD/SDHC 2.5" LCD USB 2.0 w/18-55mm Lens
4. Canon 400D Digital Rebel XTi 10.1MP w/18-55mm Lens
5. Canon EOS 1000D Rebel XS 10.1MP SDHC/MMC 2.5" LCD Pictbridge w/18-55mm IS Lens
As you can see, this list is dominated by Canon and Nikon digital SLR cameras. Sony and Pentax do not have any representation.